Thursday, July 22, 2010

Introduction - Introduzione

So this is my first ever post!  Why did I make this blog?  Well, because I want to spread the knowledge of Italian, a language that I have spoken pretty much all my life that I love.

Che cos'ha l'italiano che mi affascina? (What fascinates me about Italian?)
 Italian is just a really expressive, romantic language. I love expressing myself in it.  I love picking the words to say something. I know that might not make sense, but I don't know how else to put it.  I just like speaking it in general. It's very clear-cut and simple. And when I hear it in movies or in music, I just want to speak it more and more! This blog is dedicated to anyone who has ever wanted to learn to speak Italian. I will explain each word, each piece of grammar the best way I know how. I'll also talk about culture of Italy, which is a very rich, unique, and interesting country! Italy has always reminded me of a lush, beautiful land from a fairytale. It has many castles, stadiums, and forts from millions of years ago - from when the Ancient Romans were around! It's incredible that what they saw through their eyes is what is still there now, granted they're not as new-looking as back then, but that's what makes them so special. Anyways, all these preserved structures can be found all over Italy, in towns as well as on cliffs overlooking the sea! And there are so many places in Italy where you can drive your car on a road overlooking ocean! These are things I don't think you can see anywhere else in the world. Not like in Italy. Even the way Italians speak! The accent and cadence makes you think of romance and Romeo and Juliette-type fairytales. It just has a medieval, legendary, classical vibe to it. I hope anyone who wants to learn will find this blog useful. Buoni studi della lingua italiana! (Happy studing of the Italian language!)

No comments:

Post a Comment